Obala Group d.o.o. is one of the best-known beverage distributors in Croatia and the Western Balkans region. Founded in 1994 as Obala Promet, it became the first importer of Orangina to Croatia. Today, Obala Group boasts its export activities that include not only the Adriatic region, but also many countries worldwide: the United States, Singapore, Slovakia, the Czech Republic, Bulgaria, Austria, Italy, Turkey, Hungary, Romania, and Cyprus.
In the mid-1990s, Orangina was a completely new product on the Croatian market. A carefully planned strategy of introducing that unique brand resulted in Orangina’s rapid popularity in Croatia.
Following the success of Orangina in Croatia, Obala Promet expanded its business to the neighbouring markets. The offices in Bosnia and Herzegovina opened in 1996 and in Slovenia in 1997.
Because of its achievements with Orangina brand, Obala Promet signed:
– in 1999, an exclusive distribution agreement for S. Pellegrino, the renowned mineral water brand
– in 2002, an exclusive distribution agreement with Stock and Pernod Ricard Group
– in 2003, an exclusive distribution agreement for Veuve Clicquot by the LVMH group; Krug champagne; Goriška Brda wineries; Zonin winery
– in 2006, a license agreement with Schweppes International Limited for the Serbian, Montenegrin, Macedonian and Albanian market
– in 2007, an exclusive distribution agreement with Tchibo Coffee for Croatia, Slovenia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia, Montenegro, Kosovo, Macedonia and Albania
In October 2007, the company changed its name to OBALA GRUPA d.o.o. In 2008, it opened a branch named Obala Trade in Serbia.
– in 2008, a contract with Campari group for the markets of Croatia, Slovenia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia, Montenegro, Kosovo and Macedonia
– in 2009, a contract with Moet Hennessy group for the markets of Croatia and Bosnia and Herzegovina
– in 2010, an exclusive distribution agreement with Osotspa, an international company that produces SHARK energy drink, for the Slovenian market