Obala Grupa today
Obala Group d.o.o. is one of the best-known beverage distributors in Croatia and the Western Balkans region. Founded in 1994 as Obala Promet, it became the first importer of Orangina to Croatia. Today, Obala Group boasts its export activities that include not only the Adriatic region, but also many countries worldwide: the United States, Singapore, Slovakia, the Czech Republic, Bulgaria, Austria, Italy, Turkey, Hungary, Romania, and Cyprus.
In the mid-1990s, Orangina was a completely new product on the Croatian market. A carefully planned strategy of introducing that unique brand resulted in Orangina’s rapid popularity in Croatia.
Following the success of Orangina in Croatia, Obala Promet expanded its business to the neighbouring markets. The offices in Bosnia and Herzegovina opened in 1996 and in Slovenia in 1997.
Because of its achievements with Orangina brand, Obala Promet signed:
– in 1999, an exclusive distribution agreement for S. Pellegrino, the renowned mineral water brand
– in 2002, an exclusive distribution agreement with Stock and Pernod Ricard Group
– in 2003, an exclusive distribution agreement for Veuve Clicquot by the LVMH group; Krug champagne; Goriška Brda wineries; Zonin winery
– in 2006, a license agreement with Schweppes International Limited for the Serbian, Montenegrin, Macedonian and Albanian market
– in 2007, an exclusive distribution agreement with Tchibo Coffee for Croatia, Slovenia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia, Montenegro, Kosovo, Macedonia and Albania
In October 2007, the company changed its name to OBALA GRUPA d.o.o. In 2008, it opened a branch named Obala Trade in Serbia.
– in 2008, a contract with Campari group for the markets of Croatia, Slovenia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia, Montenegro, Kosovo and Macedonia
– in 2009, a contract with Moet Hennessy group for the markets of Croatia and Bosnia and Herzegovina
– in 2010, an exclusive distribution agreement with Osotspa, an international company that produces SHARK energy drink, for the Slovenian market
In 2010, Obala Group launched its original products, namely Tsar Vodka and Limona – a low-carbonated lemon and lime juice.
– in 2014, Obala Group became a licensee for the original Spezi brand with the approval of the license owner, RIEGELE KG – DEUTSCHLAND
– in 2015 Obala, Group became a licensee for Almdudler brand with the approval of the license owner, ALMDUDLER – LIMONADE A.&S. KLEIN GMBH & Co K
– in 2017, Obala Group became a licensee for Rockstar brand with the approval of the license owner, A.G.Barr P.L.C., Glasgow, UK
– Obala Group became a licensee for Franklin & Sons brand, with the approval of the license owner Global Brands Ltd., Chesterfield, Derbyshire
– Obala Group became a licensee for Copperhead brand, with the approval of the license owner
– Obala Group became a licensee for Gin Sul brand, with the approval of the license owner Vicentina GmbH & Co. KG, Hamburg
– in 2018, an exclusive distribution agreement with Maison Villevert, Hollinger Organic Juices, and Yogi Tea
– in 2019, an exclusive distribution agreement with RUF
– in 2020, an exclusive distribution agreement with Ritter Sport
– in 2021, in collaboration with Jaffa Crvenka and TSC, Obala Grupa becomes the licensor and manufacturer of Jaffa Orange Choco Milk Snack and Munchmallow Choco Milk Snack.
Obala Grupa becomes the exclusive distributor of Alpenbauer.
In 2002, after winning the “golden bottles” award for the highest growth of Orangina per capita three years in a row, Obala Group signed a license agreement for the production of Orangina.
The story of Orangina, an acknowledged premium product, which has a firm position in domestic markets even after 20 years, has created a foundation and opportunities for the brand in Central and Eastern European markets. It has enabled Obala Group to develop into one of the largest distributors in Croatia, Slovenia, Serbia, Montenegro and Bosnia and Herzegovina.